An easy dinner inspired by New York City “Everything” bagels and classic scallion cream cheese spread. Chicken breasts coated in Everything But the Bagel seasoning and baked then topped with a quick and easy creamy, tangy scallion cream cheese sauce. Low carb, keto, paleo option.
This Everything Bagel chicken with scallion cream cheese sauce is pure NYC bagel heaven! Chicken breasts are coated in Everything But the Bagel seasoning and baked to perfection then smothered in a delicious scallion cream cheese sauce. Keto and low carb with paleo and dairy-free options.
Everything Bagel Chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter melted, see Note
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened, see Note
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onions 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup half-and-half or milk see Note
- green onions thinly sliced
- Everything But the Bagel seasoning
|Everything Paleo Keto Bagel Chicken with Scallion Cream Cheese Sauce|
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Place chicken breasts top-down in a baking dish. 9×9″ or larger. Using a pastry brush, brush surface of chicken with butter then sprinkle with salt. Don’t use as much salt as you normally would, since most Everything But the Bagel seasonings have salt in them.
- Sprinkle surface of chicken with half the Everything But the Bagel seasoning. Use tongs and carefully flip chicken breasts. Brush tops with the remaining butter, sprinkle with the salt and coat with the remaining Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Bake at 400º F for 25-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160º F. See Note.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium bowl. Whisk in remaining sauce ingredients until very smooth. Taste and add salt to taste.
- When chicken is baked, remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve with plenty of scallion cream cheese sauce.