Have fresh garden strawberries? Try this fresh strawberry bread with melt-in-your-mouth strawberry glaze. This quick bread recipe comes together in just 10 minutes. A fresh strawberry bread that has a cream cheese filling that will totally rock your world. Whip up this stuffed strawberry bread for breakfast, brunch or a dessert to serve guests.
For the Bread:
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder** (see notes)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
For the Glaze:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/3 cup finely diced strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond extract
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk** (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the sugar, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
In a small bowl, toss together the strawberries and the 2 tablespoons of flour to coat the strawberries. Fold the floured strawberries gently into the batter.
Pour the bread batter into a greased 9″x5″ bread pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the center of the bread should come out clean. Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes, then remove the bread to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar, melted butter, diced strawberries and extract in a small bowl. Mix until it is smooth.
Once the bread is cool, spread the glaze on top of the bread. Slice and serve.