Oven Fried Chicken has all of the crispy, juicy flavors of a classic fried chicken recipe but without the added fat from frying. This Oven Fried Chicken is tender, juicy, flavorful, and always a family favorite!
- 12 – 16 pieces of chicken; any combination of breasts, thighs and/or drumsticks
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unseasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp hot or regular paprika
- 1 tbsp Poultry seasoning (which contains marjoram, sage, ginger and rosemary among others)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Dissolve salt into water and add chicken. Cover and allow to marinate for 2 hours. Then remove the chicken from the brine, rinse it well and pat dry.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and then whisk in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl or shallow dish, combine all the dry ingredients to make the coating mix.