This creamy cauliflower garlic rice is simple, healthy, and so surprisingly good! With garlic, butter, brown rice, and cauliflower.
- 6–8 cups chopped cauliflower
- 4 cups vegetable broth + 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice (I used a brown rice blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt (plus more to taste!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6–8 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese for topping (more to taste)
- Cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- Bring the vegetable broth and water to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and boil for about 10 minutes, until tender. Transfer cauliflower pieces to a blender or food processor.
- Puree the cauliflower, adding milk or extra vegetable broth to get a smooth, creamy consistency. Season with salt. Pour over the cooked rice and stir to combine.