This Keto Chicken Cheese Bake is loaded with tender pieces of chicken, mushrooms, bacon and spinach in a decadent cream sauce.
To make this Keto Chicken Cheese Bake even easier, we used a rotisserie chicken from our local market — but you can roast or poach a chicken at home, then shred or dice it for this recipe.
I will note that this Keto Chicken Cheese Bake is quite rich — but that is one of the hallmarks of a keto diet — and a little goes a long way in filling you up. We suggest serving our Keto Chicken Cheese Bake with a big bowl of salad greens or more fresh spinach on the side.
- 1 pound bacon
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, we used Cholula
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 store bought cooked rotisserie chicken, meat removed and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 ½ cups red onion, diced
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
|Keto Chicken Cheese Bake|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to crisp, remove to paper towels and reserve three tablespoons of bacon fat.
- While the bacon is cooking, in a medium sauce pan, place cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese, avocado mayonnaise, heavy cream, hot sauce, mustard, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and paprika.
- Cook over medium heat and stir with a wooden spoon until creamy.
- Crumble bacon and add to the cream mixture.
- Clean skillet and add two tablespoons of the bacon fat and saute onions over medium high heat for three minutes.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of bacon fat and add the mushrooms and saute for five minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach and toss to coat the spinach and cook until wilted, about two minutes.
- Add the cream mixture and cooked chicken and heat then pour into an 8X12 inch casserole dish.
- Sprinkle on the two cups of mozzarella cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Place under the broiler and brown, 1-2 minutes.
- Let sit ten minutes to set up and serve 10 portions.
- There will be a little liquid on the bottom which will eventually absorb into the mixture. We spooned a little over each portion.