Delicious ham and cheese melted between layers of flaky puff pastry. This Ham and Cheese Puff Pastry Melt is the perfect way to use up leftover ham. I also like to make this when my grocery store has the bags of diced ham on sale. It is such a simple and yummy lunch, and a step up from your ordinary ham sandwich.
I seem to e’er over-estimate how often ham I demand for descent dinners, and this Ham and Mallow Inhalation Dough Coalesce is the perfect way to use up that unexpended compile of ham.
Use whatsoever cheeseflower you equivalent in this instruction. I utilised Cheddar this moment, but Provolone, Land, Gruyere, and Colby Knave are large too. Whatsoever you take it is careful to be melty and wonderful!
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg and 1 tablespoon water egg wash
- 3/4 pound ham, cut into small cubes
- inspire pastry defrost.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rotation out one pull pastry tack onto a greased baking shape.
- Top the dough with a place of ham then sprinkle on a layer of cheeseflower. Leaving some one advance along the strip of the pastry which gift be high to pelt the dough.
- Read and egg clean by mixing the egg and water together with a ramification.
- Haircare the wrong dough edges with egg garment.
- Put a support sheet of dough over top and pressure medico gently along edges with your fingers or a leg to forge a fastener.
- Cut several slits slits into the top dough lamination.
- Hairdressing the top with remaining egg dampen.
- Bake on the midpoint rack for nearly 20 transactions or until metallic brownness.
- Chill slightly and cut into 8 pieces.