The best keto shepherd’s pie we’ve tried starts with beef, onion, cauliflower, and heavy whipping cream. This delicious one-pan dish is an easy family-pleaser.
It’s the best, most delicious comfort food, popular in the U.K. typically featuring ground meat with veggies and mashed potatoes on top. Luckily, for those following a Keto lifestyle, there’s a yummy and easy way to make a lower-carb version using creamy mashed cauliflower!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 pounds ground beef (you can use ground lamb, chicken, or turkey)
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 10 oz. bags of frozen riced cauliflower (cook and drain as to remove excess moisture)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
|THE BEST KETO SHEPHERD’S PIE|
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a skillet on the stove and cook meat, onion, celery, and garlic. Stir in tomato paste, and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- If not using an oven-safe skillet, transfer meat mixture to a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Heat up cauliflower in microwave according to package instructions, and drain if any excess water.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor. Add in cheeses, cream, butter, and oregano. Process until mixture has a “mashed potato” consistency.
- Spread mixture on top of meat evenly.
- Place in 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes, until top is golden brown.
- Cut and serve warm.
If you like the recipe, please share it.