These creamy mustard pork chops with sauteed vegetables are low carb and keto-friendly. They make an easy, complete family meal ready in around 40 minutes or so.
The key to this recipe is the pork chop mustard sauce. You will need bone broth and Dijon mustard. While I have seen some dehydrated pork bone broth, you are mostly likely going to have to choose between beef or chicken.
- 5 Small bone-in pork chops
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1 large yellow squash sliced
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
|Keto Creamy Mustard Pork Chops with Sauteed Vegetables|
- Heat 1 tbsp of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the sliced zucchini and squash to the heated skillet, and saute for 5-7 minutes until the vegetables are starting to become tender, but still have some bite to them. Remove the vegetables to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the skillet, and place the pork chops into the heated skillet.
- Apply salt and pepper to the pork chops, and cook until browned on both sides, and until the center reaches an internal temperature of around 145 degrees F.
- Remove the pork chops from the skillet and cover to keep warm.
- Pour off any extra grease from the skillet, and add in the diced onion.
- Cook for a few minutes until the onion begins to become tender.
- Stir in the bone broth, and scrape the bottom of the skillet to deglaze it.
- Add in the heavy cream, mustard and oregano, stirring well to combine.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium low, and cook until the sauce has thickened a bit, stirring very frequently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix back in the sauteed vegetables and the pork chops, and serve.