- ½ cup butter
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped OR ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus 3 Tbsp. shortening
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, unsweetened chocolate (or cocoa powder and shortening), and 1½ cups chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla at medium speed until combined. Add flour, baking powder and salt, beating well.