Chocolate Almond Shortbread. Bake off style buttery shortbread cookies with toasted almonds and chocolate chips baked inside. An ideal teatime cookie.
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup almonds toasted then roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- US Customary – Metric
- Cream together the butter sugar and vanilla until very light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in the flour and salt until the dry ingredients are almost completely incorporated.
- Add the chopped nuts and chocolate chips and work into a soft dough.
- Form the dough into two 1 1/2 inch wide logs.
- Wrap the dough logs in plastic wrap and chill for a couple of hours. (Note: This dough will be fine in the fridge for several days if you want to bake off the cookies a few at a time as needed.)
For full recipes visit https://www.rockrecipes.com