With just a pound of ground beef and a few pantry staples, you can pull together a satisfying burrito skillet dinner in just 30 minutes. Taco seasoning mix, a jar of salsa and a can of black beans will help you create a home-cooked meal that rivals your favorite taqueria.
Wow, Perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family. I will make it for sure to my family hope, so they love it. Thanks for the sharing this yummy recipe.
Easy and Delicious! I halved the recipe for my husband and me. The only change I made was to substitute half of a four ounce bag of southwestern style tortilla strips- the ones that are already crisp for use as a salad topping.
Easy dinner recipes vegetarian,easy dinner recipes kid friendly,easy dinner recipes that are kid friendly,easy dinner recipes veg,easy dinner recipes for kids.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) package Old El Paso taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (6 inch) Old El Paso flour tortillas, sliced into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, brown beef until no longer pink. Drain. Add taco seasoning, water, salsa, and beans. Cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in the tortilla strips and then top with cheese. Remove skillet from heat and let cheese melt.
- Top with sour cream in the center and sprinkle with green onions. Serve immediately.
- Use a mild salsa if you’re making it for kids.
- You can stack your tortillas and use a pizza cutter to slice them all in one easy step.